I would be be lying if I claimed to be the best chef in the world. I’m pretty impatient in the kitchen! The weekdays are the worst, after an hour and a half commute from my office to my home, standing over a stove for longer than 20 minutes tops is my idea of a nightmare some days.
This vegan (of course) tortilla pizza is easy to make in a rush and fills those midweek cravings with just a few ingredients! Originally I used pitta as the base but prefer the sweetness of tortilla. Precooking the vegetables reduces the risk of the tortilla burning in the oven, and don’t forgot to use a wire rack otherwise you’ll have a soggy base! Learn from my mistakes.
Vegan Tortilla Pizza [Quick&Easy]
- Oven preheated to 190 Celsius
- A wire rack
- Frying pan
- Tortillas (I normally have a bag in the freezer)
- A splash of Oil or Water
- Pizza Sauce (Shop bought or homemade, pasta sauce works too!)
- A clove or two of garlic, minced
- Veggies of your choice! I use peppers, shallots, mushrooms and sweetcorn. Prepare them as you wish
- (Optional) Vegan pesto or cheese
- Preheat your oven to 190 Celsius, it’s important!
- Heat a splash of oil or water in a frying pan and add all your veggies and garlic. Cook until tender over medium heat 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare your tortilla bases. An average size tortilla needs about 3tbsp of sauce, spoon it onto the centre of the tortilla and use the back of the spoon in a circular motion to spread it evenly.
- Once your veggies have cooked, spread them evenly over the tortilla. If you so desire add some dollops of vegan pesto or some vegan cheese!
- Bake on a wire rack for 10 minutes until the tortilla starts to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and devour!